QLaw: The GLBT Bar Association of Washington is an association of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (GLBT) legal professionals and their friends. QLaw serves as a voice for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender lawyers and other legal professionals in the state of Washington on issues relating to diversity and equality in the legal profession, in the courts, and under the law. The organization has five purposes:
- to provide opportunities for members of the GLBT legal community to meet in a supportive, professional atmosphere to exchange ideas and information;
- to further the professional development of GLBT legal professionals and law students;
- to educate the public, the legal profession, and the courts about legal issues of particular concern to the GLBT community;
- to empower members of the GLBT community by improving access to the legal and judicial system and sponsoring education programs;
- and to promote and encourage the advancement of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender attorneys in the legal profession.
Browse our website to learn more about QLaw’s purpose and activities, and feel free to contact us if you have questions or would like more information.