2. License Restrictions. You may not modify, translate, create derivative works of, copy, distribute, market, display, remove or alter any proprietary notices or labels from, lease, sell, sublicense, clone, transfer, decompile, reverse engineer, or incorporate into any information retrieval system (electronic or mechanical), the website or any portion thereof. Further, you may not (i) use the website for any unauthorized or illegal purpose or activity including, but not limited to, any activity to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the website; (ii) interfere with the proper working of the website including, but not limited to, the transmission of any virus, worm, trap door, back door, timer, clock, Trojan horse, denial of service attack or other limiting routine, instruction or design; or (iii) interfere with any other person's use and enjoyment of the Website.
4. Personal Login Information. Certain features and areas of the website are available only with registration, login, and/or a paid subscription. If you are required to register and select a unique login and password ("Personal Login Information"), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential, including taking appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality, such as logging off and closing the Internet browser, especially when you are connected to the Internet through an unsecured network or when using a public computer. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information.
5. User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the website and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the website by other users or with the operation and management of the website. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the website. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using the website, or defame or otherwise harm any party through your use of the website.
In addition you also agree that you will not use our website to:
(a) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content, including through any attachments thereto, that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
(b) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content, including through any attachments thereto, that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as, but not limited to, inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
(c) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content, including through any attachments thereto, that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
(d) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available, including through any attachments thereto, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
(e) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available, including through any attachments thereto, any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; and
(f) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law.
6. Proprietary Rights. The content of the website includes, without limitation, (i) QLaw's trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively "QLaw Marks"); and (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, including podcasts, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the Website (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as "QLaw Content"). QLaw Content is the property of QLaw and is protected by law including, but not limited to, copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any QLaw Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from the or the owner of such content if the is not the owner. Any use of the QLaw Marks without QLaw's express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the QLaw Content, including any such notices appearing on any QLaw Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the website.
7. Responsibility for Use of the Internet and Website and Exclusion of Liability. Use of the Internet and the website is solely at your risk and is subject to, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. Unless expressly required by law, the does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the website over the Internet or other communication network. QLaw shall not be obligated to correct or update the website or QLaw Content and shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on the website.
8. No Legal Advice and Disclaimer as to Accuracy of Information. The information on the website and QLaw Content are for informational purposes only, and is not legal advice or a substitute for legal counsel. The information contained in the website and QLaw Content may or may not reflect the most current legal developments; accordingly, information on the website are not promised or guaranteed to be correct or complete, and should not be relied upon as such. As legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, nothing provided on the website or QLaw Content should be used as a substitute for advice of competent counsel. The materials on the website and QLaw Content do not constitute legal advice and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of QLaw.
9. Third Party Information. The website may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the website are those of the respective third party and not of QLaw. QLaw makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, services or products.
10. Notice For Claims Of Intellectual Property Or Copyright Infringement; Agent For Notice Of Infringement. The respects the intellectual property of others, and, particularly as to user generated content in comments, discussion boards or in other user contributed content, as applicable, we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide the following information:
(a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
(b) a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
(c) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
(d) your address, telephone number, and email address;
(e) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(f) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Please send to QLaw: The GLBT Bar Association of Washington, P.O. Box 1991, Seattle, WA 98111-1991, or by email at [email protected]
11. Links to Third Party Websites. The Website may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
QLaw provides opportunities for user interaction within its website and social media profiles on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and various blogging sites. On those social media profiles, content and links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the organizations, entities, views or content contained therein. QLaw is not responsible for content or links posted by others.
12. Links to Websites, Content, Sharing of Content. Links posted by third parties to the website or QLaw Content may not use the QLaw trademark or logo and shall not suggest that QLaw promotes or otherwise endorses any third party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, Websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the website shall be the responsibility of the linking party. QLaw reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates QLaw's policies, rights or causes interruption or deterioration of QLaw Content.
13. Sharing of Content. You may download QLaw Content and other downloadable items displayed on the website for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any QLaw Content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited.
14. Warranties Disclaimed. THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." NEITHER QLAW, ITS OFFICERS, BOARD MEMBERS, OR MEMBERS (COLLECTIVELY "QLAW PARTIES") PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (i) THE WEBSITE OR QLAW CONTENT, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR NON-INFRINGING; (ii) ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (iv) QLAW CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THE WEBSITE. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
Neither party consents or agrees to any arbitration on a class or representative basis, and the arbitrator shall have no authority to proceed with an arbitration on a class or representative basis. No arbitration will be consolidated with any other arbitration proceeding without the consent of all parties. Any claim or controversy as to the enforceability of this arbitration provision’s restriction on your right to participate in or pursue a class action or class wide arbitration shall be brought only in the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington or any State of court located in King County, Washington.
22. Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the website must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
24. User Generated Content. We welcome your views, comments and other communications, pictures, trackback URLs, or videos on our website which may include discussion boards, blogs and other services that allow users to provide feedback, comment or content ("User Content"). By contributing User Content to any of the website or social media profiles, users understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public and grant QLaw a nonexclusive license to display, reproduce, transmit, modify such User Content and that QLaw may use the User Content for internal and external marketing purposes. You are solely responsible for the User Content you submit. QLaw does not approve, endorse, or adopt any User Content, and QLaw assumes no liability for any User Content submitted by you or others. You agree to indemnify QLaw against all claims and liabilities resulting from User Content. Users who do not wish to have information they have made available via these sites used, published, copied and/or reprinted, should not post on the social media profiles. Please note that other participants may use posted information beyond the control of QLaw. All user content is read at your own risk, and QLaw recommends that you not rely on the information or advice in any of these postings. QLaw retains the right to remove any content for any reason, including but not limited to, content that it deems threatening, demeaning, profane, obscene, a violation of intellectual property rights or privacy laws, off-topic, commercial or promotion of organizations or programs, or otherwise injurious or illegal. QLaw also retains the right to ban or block a user from posting on QLaw social media profiles without notice for a pattern of inappropriate postings or as it deems necessary. You acknowledge, consent and agree that QLaw may access, preserve and disclose your account information and the User Content you have posted by Users of the Services if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary in the sole opinion of QLaw to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (c) respond to your requests for customer service; or (d) protect the rights, property or personal safety of QLaw.