Over 150 GLBT attorneys and supporters of GLBT rights filled the Portage Bay Cage in South Lake Union onThursday, October 6 to celebrate and support the charitable work of the QLaw Foundation. Together we raised nearly $15,000 to support programs such as the GLBT Legal Clinic, summer grants for law students working on GLBT legal projects, and the QYouth Advocacy Project.
Jill Mullins, QLaw Foundation president and founder of the GLBT Legal Clinic, started the evening’s program by recognizing QLaw volunteers who make our programs possible. Quita St. John, our talented emcee, then introduced a recent GLBT clinic client who described the support she received in a time of crisis. The Pride Foundation's Director of Community Giving, Jody Waits, then told the crowd why her organization is a proud supporter of the QLaw Foundation. Pride recently granted $5000 to support QLaw educational panels.
Guests enjoyed the Latin jazz stylings of the Fred Hoadley Trio and fabulous Portage Bay appetizers as The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence and performers from Lily Divine Productions collected donations.
If you were unable to join us for the FallTacular but would still like to contribute to the QLaw Foundation's important work, please consider making a tax-deductible donation online, or mailing a check to the QLaw Foundation at PO Box 1286, Seattle WA 98111-1286.
Special thanks to our Lead Counsel sponsors:
· Law Offices of Cynthia F. Buhr PLLC
· McCormack Intellectual Property Law
· Frank Freed Subit & Thomas LLP
· Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear
· Law Office of Robert Butler
· Matt Carvalho, Yarmuth Wilsdon Calfo PLLC
· Maisano Mediation, LLC
· Skellenger Bender
· Terrell Marshall Daudt & Willie PLLC
And special thanks to our Advocate sponsors:
· Law Office of D. Jill Pugh
· Hillis Clark Martin & Peterson P.S.
· Barbara J. Wechsler
· Tim Bradbury, Attorney
· Seabold Group LLC
· D. Douglas Titus, Attorney at Law
· Talmadge/Fitzpatrick PLLC
· Riddell Williams P.S.
· UW Law School Queer Youth Advocacy Project
· Teller & Associates, PLLC